Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sock it To Me


Guten Tag! :) The inspiration for today's nails came wile watching GLEE! (but aren't related to GLEE... lol) The new KIA Commercial with the toys came on (which I love- especially the sock monkey tattoo), and I thought to myself that a sock monkey design would be funny and cute! So to work I went!! :)



I used Essie Mink Muffs as a base, with American Apparel Cotton sponged on top to give the marled look of the sock, for the forehead and mouth area I also used American Apparel Cotton. For the red, I used a mix of China Glaze Salsa and Zoya Angelina. For the eyes, nostrils, and mouth line, I used American Apparel Hassid, and also mixed American Apparel Hassid with American Apparel Cotton for the highlighting on the button eyes. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

Now that's one funky monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment