Friday, July 9, 2010

We Stole the Statue of Liberty!


...the small one, from Las Vegas!!

HAHA, I'm so ridiculously excited to see this movie- the trailers crack me up. "IT'S SO FLUFFFFFY!!!!" and "Is this annoying??" make me laugh every damn time. Today, since I'm going to see Despicable Me tonight, I decided to paint the hilarious Twinkie-shaped minions on my nails, and the silhouette of 'Gru' from the movie logo on my thumb. Seriously silly.


I used China Glaze Happy Go Lucky as a base for the minions, and Zoya Jancyn as a base for the thumb. For the overalls on the minions, I used Pure Ice French Kiss as a base, with a mixture of Pure Ice French Kiss and Orly Snowcone to make them look like jeans (like in the pictures), for the buttons and chest logo, I used American Apparel Hassid. For the glasses, I used a mixture of American Apparel Hassid, American Apparel Factory Grey, and Pure Ice French Kiss for the goggles, with American Apparel Hassid for the goggle strap. For the eyes, I used American Apparel Cotton with American Apparel Hassid for the pupils. I used Zoya Jancyn to shade the bodies, American Apparel Hassid and A Beautiful Life Poison for the mouths, and American Apparel Hassid for the teeth. For the tongue, I used Essie Foot Loose mixed with American Apparel Cotton and CND Electric Orange, then added A Beautiful Life Poison to the mixture to shade. For the 'Gru' silhouette, I used Sally Hansen Professional Lavender Cloud. Topped everything off with two coats of Seche Vite top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment