Friday, August 13, 2010

On the Dot


Today's nail are my interpretation of paint swatches, except I didn't do rectangles, like they usually are, I thought it'd look cool as a dot gradient. :) I've had this idea rolling around in my head for a couple of weeks now, and today I thought I'd do it! :) My favorite is the orange one- I think it turned out the best. :-D (plus orange is one of my FAVORITE colors...sooooo yeah, that might be why)

Despite today being Friday the 13th, I had a surprisingly good day. I had an interview for a design job, I got an awesome deal on zippers–only 50¢ each vs. $1.50+ each. (sounds odd, I know, but the cosmetics bags I sew need zippers!) Plus, since my 16 year old sewing machine died, I was able to get a new machine!! (My parents got it for me- how awesome is that?! Thanks mom and dad- you totally didn't have to, but you know I appreciate it!!)


I used Essie Bone Chilling White as a base, with CND Electric Orange for the first row of the orange, then Zoya Jancyn for the second row, then mixed with Essie Bone Chilling White to make the rest of the shades of orange on the thumb. For the blue nails, I used CND Anchor Blue for the first row, then mixed with Essie Bone Chilling White for the rest of the blue shades. For the magenta, I used Essie Foot Loose for the first row, and again, Essie Bone Chilling White to make the shades lighter with each row. The first row of green is Nubar Forest, with L.A. Girl Army Green for the second row, and mixed with Essie Bone Chilling White for the remaining rows of lighter green. On the pinky, I used American Apparel Manila for the first row of yellow dots, then mixed with Essie Bone Chilling White in varying amounts for the remaining two rows. Topped everything off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

I'm all dotted out. I only slept 3.5 hours last night, I think I was anxious/excited for my interview! :) Time for bed, kids...as my mother used to say when I was a kid, 'Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite!'

No comments:

Post a Comment