Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tutorial #008: Purple Mist


This is my first nail art made with water. This technique is really easy and fun, maybe a little messy!

What you need: a bowl with water, a toothpick.

Colors:

Smalti

  • Base Coat: Deborah 7 Days Long No.00
  • Glitter Purple: KIKO No. 167
  • Lilac: MAYBELLINE Water Shine No. 24 Simply Mauve
  • Brown: KIKO No. 224
  • Fish Scale Glitter: KIKO No. 170

How to:

  1. 02b Apply your base coat.
  2. Immagine 004 Drop some nail polish on the water. Here I used the colors in this order: purple, lilac, brown. Dip your nails in the water. With the toothpick remove the polish left over on the water and then take it off. On youtube there are a lot of videos with this technique (search: "water marble effect").
  3. 03b I did it two or three times to have the stripes in different direction. Remove the polish on your skin and from the back of your nails.
  4. 04b Last, I've added some fish scale glitter. I really like how the green/blue glitter goes with the purple.

_________________________________________

Here is the final result. I really really like it.

05

This is in the sunlight.

06

No comments:

Post a Comment