Friday, June 26, 2009

Tutorial #004: Cherries & Dots


These nails give off a very summer feeling, but I have to say that I wasn't really satisfied with the result.

I have to practice more with the dots.

What you need: a thin brush, some nail polish drops. Doing this drops is really easy. Take a piece of plexiglass and let a drop of nail polish fall. Wait 24 hours to be sure that it's completely dry. I've made a few to be sure to have at least two of the same size.


Colors:

Smalti
  • Base Coat: Broadway Nail Care No. 04
  • White: KIKO No. 101
  • Red: RIMMEL Lycra PRO No. 323 RIVIERA RED
  • Dark Green: basic No. 149
  • Top Coat: Deborah 7 Days Long No.00

How to:
  1. 02b Put on your base coat.
  2. 03b Apply a coat of white polish. Put on a 2nd coat if needed.
  3. 04b On the ring finger apply a round-shaped stiker (the ones used for the french manicure are suitable too) and then apply a coat of red polish.
  4. 05b When the red is perfectly dry, start making some dots with the white polish. There are different ways to make dots. You can use an old pen, a toothpick or a thin brush. I tried all these methods and I find myself more comfortable with the brush.
  5. 06b On all the other nails I made a red french with white dots. On the thumb I applied the nail polish drops that I made the day before. I choose two different sizes for the cherries.
  6. 07b With the thin brush and the green nail polish I draw the leaves of the cherries. When dry, apply your top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment