Monday, September 13, 2010

Blood in the Water


A while back, I did a tribute to Alfred Hitchcock's 'The Birds', and new reader Carol P. suggested that I do a Psycho themed manicure. Of course I thought this was a great idea- so I did it!! :) 2010 marks 50 years since the release of this iconic movie, so it's a great time to do it- plus, since it's not too long until Halloween, so what better time? Fun fact: The 'blood' that goes down the drain in the shower scene is actually chocolate syrup! Should I have used brown polish instead of red?! :-D



I used Essie Bone Chilling White as a base, with China Glaze Millennium for the drain, and American Apparel Hassid for the hole in the drain. For the blood, I used A Beautiful Life Poison to marble over the white. :) Topped it all off with 2 coats of Seche Vite top coat.

REE! REE! REE! REE! REE! REE!

No comments:

Post a Comment