Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tutorial #013: Happy Birthday!!


Yesterday was my birthday so I came up with this birthday-inspired nails. There are presents on the nails and a cake on the thumb.
Actually I think that also five cakes would have been cute, maybe I will try that next time!

What you need: a thin brush, a needle.

Colors:

Smalti

  • Base Coat: Debby nail THERAPY smoothing base + minerals
  • Nude: KIKO No: 220
  • Pink: Broadway Extra Color No. 03
  • Silver Glitter: RIVEEL No. 131
  • White: KIKO No. 101
  • Glitter: KIKO No. 163
  • Top Coat: KIKO Extra strong & hard No.04

How to:
  1. 02b Apply your base coat.
  2. 03b Apply a coat of nude polish and then some silver glitter. Actually I don't think this is such a great combination of colors, probably it would have been better without the glitter so if you don't like leave just the nude polish.
  3. 04b I applied the nude polish on all the four fingers and the pink one on the thumb.
  4. 05b With the brush and the pink polish draw a cross on the nail and then make a ribbon. I choose to make the ribbon only on the ring finger but you could do that on all the nails.
  5. 06b This is the result.
  6. 07b On the thumb I applied some white polish for make the cake. Help yourself whit the brush for give the right shape.
  7. 08b Put some glitter on the white polish and, when dry, use a needle to make the cherry. Do a bigger red dot and then a smaller white one. When PERFECTLY dry apply your top coat.

__________________________


Here is the final result.

09



I took my inspiration from these Japanese nail arts.

100


101

No comments:

Post a Comment